About the job:
Have good style in Scala? Does Scala give you awesome expressive power?
Our backend is built in Scala, Akka, and Spray, running on dedicated hardware. We’re looking for an excellent Scala engineer who is enthusiastic and driven to build an architecture that will scale and serve millions.
We’re based in Palo Alto and funded by Silicon Valley investors. This is an amazing opportunity to join an exciting startup in the early stages and create an industry-disrupting application. This is a full-time position in Palo Alto, California. What we'd like to see:
- BS in computer science or equivalent (MS a plus)
- Experience designing and building complete server-side architecture from the ground up
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge of Scala, Go, C++, Clojure, Haskell, and/or Java
- When you write code, you write it for the years to come. It's tested, clean, and future-proof
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Your code is running on large production systems
- You have experience with designing and building APIs that scale
- Previous direct experience with Cloud Computing and / or dedicated hardware is a plus
- Knowing how to fine-tune and adjust your TCP/IP stack and your kernel for better network performance is a huge plus
- The command-line is your friend
- Able and willing to work in a small, close-knit team
- Startup mindset
We are open to applications from anywhere and will help you apply for a visa if needed.