About the job:
Hey guys, wanna work for a San Francisco startup which is changing the way messaging is being used?
We've got needs for really talented engineers who want to get their
hands dirty building a world class messaging infrastructure.
Feel free to get in touch with me!
- Responsible for overall daily technical operation
- Monitor and release server patch or new server product
- Scripting with python, bash, php to maintain and release servers
- Develop monitoring tool related to server stability and performance
Improve dashboard report and automation test tool where it is applicable
- Maintain AWS, Soft layer, database, load balancer (ie. upgrade, backup, configuration)
- Security patch, penetration test, vulnerability test in server
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience "doing" DevOps, including working at large scale with real, highly concurrent user traffic
- Experience automating large scale deployments with modern
configuration and deployment management systems (Fabric, Capistrano,
Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc)
- Experience provisioning and spinning up AWS Clusters
- Production experience build scalable systems (load balancers, memcached, redis, master/slave architectures, sharding, Nginx)
- Ability to maintain, monitor and optimize production database servers (MySQL, Hadoop, H-Base)
- Comfortable reading and writing scripting languages like Python or Ruby
- Experience with security policies and practices