About the job:
Come to Mattermark to write our book on DevOps, and change the way we interact with private company data.
Why are DevOps engineers important at Mattermark?
We’re building one of the most interesting data acquisition platforms in existence. More so than at other companies, DevOps plays a critical role here in achieving our mission. As a DevOps engineer at Mattermark, you’ll fully own the creation of an enormous distributed worker system that will crawl and evaluate every registered business domain on the internet, unleashing immense amounts of valuable data. This data drives real, actionable business decisions and directs the flow of billions of dollars of capital.
As our first DevOps engineer, what will you be doing?
- You’ll be an author. Write the book on what DevOps looks like at Mattermark. Design and create the infrastructure you’ll use, rather than working with someone else’s.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on one of the most interesting deployments of Mesos, Chronos and Marathon to manage our distributed crawlers.
- You’ll work on our unique deployment of elasticsearch that powers an interface where you can query by multiple column types, for over a million different companies.
- You’ll fully own the creation of an enormous distributed worker system that will crawl and evaluate every registered business domain on the internet.
What should you bring to the table?
- Passion for DevOps - you should care deeply about knowing when things are broken and fixing them.
- Curiosity - we’re constantly working with new and exciting technologies, from Chronos to elasticsearch to NLTK - and we want to hear what you have to add to our arsenal.
- Experience - we want to hear your war stories, how you’ve learned from them, and how you’ll use this knowledge to reduce risk, and anticipate and address problems.
- Skills - you should be skilled with AWS, git, networking (VPC, IP addresses, DNS), using Ansible (or Chef or Puppet) to create and deploy machines.
What does the future hold?
- Shape what DevOps means at Mattermark, and influence the way our business grows.
- Build out a team of DevOps engineers.
- Crawl the entire internet, set us up to understand the online presence of every company in the world, and access previously inaccessible data.
Why we love it here
- Join a team that knows how to have fun! When we're not hacking, we’re gathering around the table for authentic Hot Pot (yum!)
- Health benefits: We’ve got you covered with health, dental and vision benefits. We pay 100% of your premiums and 50% for dependents
- Stock options
- Fully-stocked fridge
- Technology to do your job successfully: new computer and (practically) whatever else you need
- Flexible and generous vacation policy, paid holidays off, including your birthday!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 1Gbps Internet speed at your desk