About the job:
In this role, you’ll be working throughout the stack to move our consumer marketplace site forward. Responsibilities will range from server configuration to front-end implementation and everything in between.
We're looking for someone that will jump at the opportunity to take ownership of product features that drive traction, which will be used by tens of thousands of users each day.Here are some examples of problems you’ll help us solve:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Build a clean and simple user interface that sifts through millions of transactional records, allows consumers to see the current remodeling activity in their neighborhood and engage with the contractors performing the work.
- Implement payment processing by integrating with third party providers and implementing a scheduling and tracking system to maintain transaction records.
- Enhance the accuracy of our machine learning classifier, which infers what types of work contractors specialize in based off their transactional histories.
- Apply our pricing analysis to help consumers understand the cost and value associated with their home improvement investments.
- Extensive experience with medium-to-large scale RoR deployments
- Strong fundamentals: OOP and application architecture
- Experience with scaling for exponential user growth
- Appreciation for quality, maintainability, and performance
- Attention to detail and personal pride in your work
- Familiarity with system administration, database design, full-text search engines, machine learning
- Front-end development with HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Experience designing and implementing APIs for web and mobile
- Experience developing online marketplaces