About the job:
The Touch Surgery Android and iOS apps are used by 1000’s of professional and trainee surgeons daily. They are the ‘shop window’ of the Touch Surgery experience, and must deliver a consistently high level of functionality, engagement and quality.
The Lead Mobile Developer is a senior position with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Overall ownership and responsibility for the Touch Surgery app across all mobile platforms (currently Android and iOS)
- Scrum master for the mobile team (currently 2 iOS developers, 1 Android developer)
- Lead Architect for the mobile app, in particular the cross-platform C++ layer and interface with back-end services
- Lead Developer for the Android app, including line management of at least 1 other Android developer
- Reporting to the CTO
- Ensuring monthly releases are delivered on time, to high quality
- Working closely with the Design team to ensure a smooth pipeline from inception of ideas to delivery of features
- Establishing a culture of personal ownership, attention to detail, and shared learning
- Establishing and driving effective software development disciplines for: agile project management, version control, test and release processes, post-release bug tracking/fixing
- Together with the wider Engineering team (currently 9 people), driving an effective Test Automation agenda
Required skills and experience:
- Seasoned and confident team lead, taking ultimate responsibility for published software
- Highly confident in C++ development/debugging
- Highly confident in Android development/debugging (or ability to attain that standard within 3 months)
- Concrete experience of best practices in software development, including regular release cycles
- Concrete experience of test automation
Salary: Very competitive.
Benefits: 20 days paid leave per annum. Share options pool.