About the job:
Dimelo’s R&D department is looking for a fullstack Ruby developer to join its experienced team of 6 developers in its offices in the heart of Paris’s 9th district.
Dimelo is a fastgrowing independent software vendor delivering SaaS products that enables customers such as Orange, BNP Paribas, Canal+, Deutsche Bahn, Ooredoo, Axa (and many others), to manage their digital customer care. We developped 4 complementary products:
- Dimelo Communities enables companies to build user communities for branding, peersupport and customer selfcare purposes across the web and mobile devices
- Dimelo Chat is a web livechat solution featuring powerful behavioral targeting engine through an easy setup.
- Dimelo Mobile, an Android / iOS SDK, integrates messaging capabilities directly into native mobile applications
- Dimelo Digital is an central engagement hub for customer care that unifies Dimelo solutions (Communities, Mobile, Chat), Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Messenger...) and customer service channels (such as forums, blogs, communities, SMS, email).
You’ll work closely with the other R&D developers and will have a direct impact on software used by top brands to manage their customer relationship. You’ll be implementing and improving features on all parts of the stack, while monitoring and the stability and performance of our applications.
You will benefit from a permanent contract with a competitive compensation package (according to your profile and experience), which includes additional statutory time off (‘RTT’), health insurance and subsidised lunches (tickets restaurant).
We are very serious about our products but we also like to relax, for example we have a permanent football table contest and regularly schedule drinkups.
You’ll benefit from good working conditions: dual screen, good seating and powerful linux/mac boxes.
The ideal candidate
You are a fullstack Ruby developer with solid technical grounding and are hungry for technical challenges.
You enjoy writing ruby code but also like working on the frontend side of things. You have good analytical and problem solving skills. You are both independent and a team player and you like things to be properly built and properly tested. You are at ease reading and writing English.
- you know Ruby on Rails well but you also master barebone Ruby
- you are interested in projects based around Ruby on Rails (Devise, Sidekiq, Capistrano...)
- you understand databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis...), their differences, and how they work
- you understand the *nix environment and associated concepts (socket blocking/non blocking, thread, process, fork...)
Other valued skills:
- experience with social network APIs (Twitter, Facebook...)
- experience with a hightraffic or high data volume project
- experience in search or machine learning
- experience in native mobile apps development (iOS or Android)
- participation in open source projects, here’s our github.
How we work
- Ruby on Rails and Sinatra
- MySQL and MongoDB
- Memcached and Redis
- Passenger, Nginx and Sidekiq
- Solr and ElasticSearch for search
- Faye (push notification server)
- Realtime events with WebSocket
- Testing with RSpec, Capybara, webkit, VCR, Jasmine
- Version control with git
- Merge requests with Gitlab
- Continuous deployment with capistrano